Oh no! I just learned that I likely won't be able to hang the Farseer unless I put a price tag on her.
But, but, she's miiiiine!
I get so attached to art that I make that I like. Sometimes I don't like the results very much, so I don't get attached, and I'd be ok to sell, but then I feel jerky for selling something that I'm not happy with.
So, I could sell the abstract, and the 2 chakras (I made a second chakra last night, no photo yet though)... but I'm really attached to the Farseer, and selling her makes me freak out a little inside. If I sold her, she'd be GONE. And I don't know if the buyer would appreciate her, and I wouldn't have any access to her. I call it a HER for chrissakes. I can give paintings away to people I care about, who feel moved by my work, but that's so much different than trading it for money. My paintings are so much more valuable to me than money.
I could price her really high, so no one would buy her. But then what if someone did? I'd have traded out a little piece of my soul for a pile of money that I don't even want. Horrors!
I could price her low, and get someone to buy her for me, but that's kind of like paying to get her shown, and seems circular and dumb.
/cry
I'm going to head down there today with 4 paintings, Abstracted HW, Muladhara, Manipura, and Farseer. If I'm lucky, they'll let me hang her with a "not for sale".
Fingers crossed.
***EDIT
Phew!
Just got back from the gallery, which is fabulous, by the way. The fellow there was super nice, and was a-ok with Farseer being not-for-sale. Yee haw!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment