Ever have one of those days where everything you need to do takes twice as long?
And you're on a deadline, and you haven't had enough sleep, and you're not feeling particularly stellar either?
Yeah. That's been my life for a few weeks now.
I'm on a new project at work, that has a similar-but-different pipeline than I've done before, so there's a learning curve. And having stupid days doesn't help.
Beyond being really obsessed with doing a "good job" at work, and getting up to speed and generally crapping on myself for not being better/faster/smarter, I've also had something I have to do every single day since late November. Evenings, weekends... all booked solid. Not all unpleasant stuff, no no no... there's obligations but also socializing, events, and rehearsals... but after weeks of no "day off", one gets worn out. And there's no breaks in the schedule until (if I'm lucky) some point over the holidays. But we know how that goes... there's never any time for yourself over the holiday.
Add on to that the heavy-duty work I've been doing with my therapist. Jeepers. I'm bagged man. Totally bagged.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Heh...
Let me tell you about a little something I call "Intruder Complex" some time. Maybe of a cup of spiked egg nog.
Post a Comment