Saturday, November 6, 2010

Punkin Soup

Frank & I both had bad bellies today. Him from some sorta food poisoning, and me, well, mine was just the monthly horrors.
We weren't of much use for anything other than lolling about and complaining, although I did manage to make it to rehearsal.
And this evening, I made us a nice soup to calm our tummies. A coconut cream & pumpkin soup out of my Caribbean cookbook. Turned out fairly well, although I think it could have used a bit more kick. It is lovely though, to have a nice bowl of warm when the bellies are bad.
Here's some pictures:

2 lbs of pumpkin!























Cubed... and seeds set aside for toasting tomorrow.























2 stalks celery & 1 leek, about to be diced.























Garlic, ready to be added to the onion, leek & celery pile.























In the pot, cooking in some olive oil, with a carrot too.























Veggie stock, water, tabasco, salt & pepper, starting to boil.























With a can of coconut milk, some nutmeg and cayenne.























In mah bowl, ready for om nomming.

2 comments:

Bhyrn said...

Awesome! We've been trying to figure out what we would do with the pumpkins on our counter for a little while now. Just reading the ingredients made my mouth water! Thanx!

Rebecca Reznick said...

You know I don't like real soups, but I would totally eat this soup!