Sunday, September 21, 2008

Frank, the awesome.

The quaking mess has been difficult to wade through these days, and when I can articulate that better, I'll write an entry on it. In the meantime, I have some nice things to say about yesterday.

I woke up far too early, after far too little sleep, cleaned up my post-party house and (shockingly) went to work at 8am. What the hell, eh? Despite my valiant efforts to be useful, I actually wasn't very functional, and decided to go home at lunchtime instead of trying to slog through the rest of the day without any brains.

Upon arriving home, I watched some cartoons while Frank made bacon & eggs for me. Shortly after, Frank was super-supportive-guy while I was having feeling supremely overwhelmed by absolutely everything, and being particularly unable to sort my feelings & express myself. He suggested that I have a bath and a nap, but I said I'd prefer some air, and asked him to take me somewhere people-free.

He took me to Jericho beach, and we walked for a bit, watching the crows & little sand-piper-type birds. The ocean was surprisingly still, and Frank taught me to skip stones. There weren't a lot of good stones to be found, but I eventually caught on & got a couple of good skips. Frank's very good at it - I think he got about five skips at one point. Wow.

After the beach, we decided we were hungry, and went to one of my favourite restaurants, and ate yummy food, and drank chai, and got sweet desserty smoothies to take away with us. We stopped on the way home and rented the Deepa Mehta trilogy (Earth, Water, and Fire) which I've wanted to see very much, and really wanted to see them before our India* trip.

The plan was to go home & watch at least one of them, but I was feeling exhausted, and we agreed that I'd enjoy it more after a nap. I went for my nap at about 6:30pm, and no kidding - I slept till almost 9:30am this morning! After 15 hours of sleep, I feel quite a lot better than I have in weeks. Frank, you rule. :)

*And speaking of India, we're finalized.
We work until 7pm on October 31, and then hit the airport at 11pm to catch our 1am flight to Delhi. The first half is 9 self-guided days, meeting up with friends to see Taj Mahal & Fatehpur Sikri, Khajuraho, and Varanasi. The second half is a 14 guided tour in the south. It's looking like we'll spend the last 2 days in Goa, though we may play that part by ear. We head back to Delhi to fly home on November 30.

Yay for long sleeps attractive carrots, and fantastic husbands.

No comments: