I think the only thing that really bugs me about blogs/vanity sites/personal networking online... is the creep factor.
Maybe I'm just a bit paranoid. Maybe these are only thoughts that suspicious women think. Do guys think about who's reading their blog, & whether it's easily linked to information about who they are, where they live/work, or what they do for fun?
There are a couple of things that I really believe to be true. Firstly, I shouldn't say anything I wouldn't be willing to say in a room full of people. People I know, and people I don't know are going to read my stuff. Most people probably don't care, and it probably doesn't matter anyway.
It's not so much the "what I have to say" part that bugs me. It's the correlation between it, and WHO I am that bugs me. I know there's creeps out there. I know I have some hobbies that creeps get very interested in. I don't particularly want to have to field bullshit from people I've never met, simply because they accidentally found me on the internet while looking for furries, so I keep my privacy settings cranked... whether anyone's looking or not.
For those of you looking, I promise I'll post something interesting... soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I totally get the "creep factor" paranoia. I do not mention the names of most folks near and dear in my blog or post images of my kid. I may be going over the top but I don't care. I don't want whats precious to me messed with so I try not to, even unwittingly, dangle it out there for creeps to grab onto.
Post a Comment